So, I think it’s safe to say I’m a perpetual nester. Pregnant or not, I’m a home body and I like to be comfortable and organized. Here’s what’s on my upcoming agenda:
- Wash Baby Clothes/Blankets/Linens/Wraps & Carriers
- Set-Up Baby Items (bassinet, crib, car seat, etc)
- Begin Prepping Cloth Diapers and Wool
- Organize All Washed Items In Closet/Dresser
- Finalize Birth Plan
- Make Arrangements for a Dog Sitter
- Pack Hospital Bag
- Finish Birth Playlist (gotta have my music!)
Hospital Bag Packing List
- Toiletries – travel size shampoo & conditioner, face wash, deodorant, lotion, facial moisturizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup bag, hair brush, blow dryer, hair ties, Q-tips, lip balm, contact stuff, glasses, lanolin, face wipes, essential oils
- Hygiene – pads, nursing pads, wipes
- Undergarments – nursing bras, socks, underwear
- Clothes – birthing gown, sweat pants, button top pajamas, nursing tops/tanks, maxi dress/skirt, cardigan, flip flops
- Linens – towel, pillow, blanket, wash cloth
- Electronics – cell phone & charger, camera bag, laptop & charger (praying that my husband can Skype during delivery)
- Miscellaneous – printed copy of birth plan, positive affirmations, notebook and pen, chewing gum/candy, post-delivery snacks and drinks
- Diapering – cloth diapers & wipes, wet bag, all natural disposable diapers (just in case baby is too small for cloth right away)
- Feeding – boobs
- Clothes – onesies, gown, footed pajamas, socks, beanie, going home outfit
- Linens – swaddling blankets, burp cloths
- Travel – installed car seat
I know that in the whirlwind of labor a lot of these items might not be used. I also know that the hospital provides certain stuff. That being said, I would rather have these things than end up wanting/needing them and not have them. And I also feel more comfortable using some of my own versus the hospital provided varieties. My hope is to feel as “at home” as possible while being in the hospital.
Have any suggestions? Please feel free to share your experience or recommendations!
30 Weeks Questionnaire
Size of Baby: Baby is the size of a large cabbage. Weighing around 3 lbs and measuring 16 inches.
Symptoms: Insomnia (you bastard, we meet again), diastasis recti (abdominal separation), new stretch marks (yep, they’re happening).
Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs
Food Cravings: Cereal, tart fruits, tuna sandwiches, cranberry cherry juice.
Best Moment So Far: All of it. I love everything.
Movement: This baby likes to party. All day. All night.
Labor Signs: N/A
Belly Button In Or Out? Out!
What I Miss: My husband. So much. I need him.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Going to CA in a couple weeks, baby showers, beautiful weather.
Time to go fire up the barbie and get my grill on – tonight we’re having bbq chicken, asparagus and potatoes along with watermelon and some strawberry shortcake for dessert. Can you tell I want it to be summer? Nom. A crisp pale ale would be nice too…
Enjoy your day! X